***This blog has moved to My Convertible Life.***

Monday, November 9, 2009

Recipe: Pineapple Pork Tenderloin

"New Music Monday" has gone by the wayside now that I'm not on my own on Mondays... Pippi and I spend Monday mornings together while Junius is at preschool, so we often wind up at the grocery store.

So instead of music today, I thought I'd share one of my favorite crockpot recipes, stolen from another blog. What I love about this recipe: it's easy, it's delicious, my kids will eat pork tenderloin and it makes tasty leftovers. Enjoy!


Pineapple Pork Tenderloin CrockPot Recipe

Ingredients:
  • 3 pound pork tenderloin
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 3 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
  • 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
  • 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup apple juice
  • 16 ounces frozen or canned pineapple

Directions:
  1. Combine meat, sugar, spices, and cornstarch in a plastic zipper bag (I add a little extra of the spices). Seal and shake well to coat. Pour contents of bag into crockpot.
  2. Add garlic and peppers on top of the meat so that they're not soaking on the bottom.
  3. Pour in soy sauce, apple juice, and an entire bag of frozen pineapple. (I add an extra splash of the soy sauce because I like the salty flavor.)
  4. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 4-6. (The recipe said she cooked hers on high for 2 hours, then on low for another 6.)
  5. Serve with rice or pasta. (I like to serve mine over rice.)

2 comments:

But enough about me, let's talk about you...
What do you think about me?