***This blog has moved to My Convertible Life.***

Monday, November 30, 2009

I Knew Them When

I'm a big believer in being nice to people along the way because you just never know who they're going to turn out to be. Like the neighbor who used to tease me on the bus in 6th grade and pick on me at junior high? We ended up friends in college -- now he's an international celebrity and business mogul, posting Facebook pictures of himself posing with beautiful models and seated next to Will Smith on a recent flight. I get to live vicariously through him (from the safety of my laptop), while enjoying the image of that little 6th-grade kid turned glamorous grown-up.

Another great example is John Bemis -- we were classmates and friends in college, both studying to become teachers. Now, in addition to having a successful career in education, he's also a published author. Head on over to Triangle Mamas to read my post about his new book, The Nine-Pound Hammer. The book is great and makes a nice holiday gift, too.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! It is a very small world. You are bound to bump into people you used to know, or people who know people you used to know. Happens to me all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in 1st or 2nd grade with the first person you spoke of and he made an such an impression on me that I remember thinking he could be President someday :o) He wouldn't know me from Adam though :o)

    ReplyDelete

But enough about me, let's talk about you...
What do you think about me?