***This blog has moved to My Convertible Life.***

Monday, April 27, 2009

New Music Monday: Post-college bands

Much work to do this morning, so I'm need of some pep in my playlist. We've been listening to Here Come the 1 2 3s by They Might Be Giants all weekend -- it's awesome, but I need some "grown-up" music now that the kids are at preschool.

This week's selections represent bands I've seen perform that all have North Carolina ties (I think). Mostly, I saw them back when I was young and single and living in Charlotte after college. Seems like a lifetime ago, but the music is still great.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I haven't listen to Athenaeum in years! What a fun music list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Whatever and Ever Amen. It brings back so many memories of my senior year of high school. I was not at all cool - studied too much, among other things - but I remember I actually got to introduce some of my much cooler friends to this album, which brought me no end of satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete

But enough about me, let's talk about you...
What do you think about me?