***This blog has moved to My Convertible Life.***

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Musiciancarnation: China Forbes

Note: New Music Monday will be on hiatus for a few weeks while the kids are home -- no preschool or summer camp, so we're on the move to keep us all entertained. Instead, I'm introducing a new occasional feature called "Musiciancarnation," that is, if I could be reincarnated as a particular singer, this is who it would be.

In my next life, I want to come back as China Forbes.

She gets to wear sparkly, sexy dresses while singing fabulous songs in at least nine different languages, her gorgeous voice dancing along with ten amazing musicians. When she came out on stage Saturday night for the Pink Martini show at the Museum of Art, my husband's comment was, "She is saucy." Rrrrrrrrrrarrrrr.

And she sings her true-story song, "Hey, Eugene," about a guy she met at a party who asked for her number and then never called her. Doesn't he feel like a dumbass now.

And as if that weren't enough, she's a new mom, too.

Take a listen to one of my favorites here (plus a couple other good ones)...

Photo of Ms. Forbes from http://www.lasplash.com.

3 comments:

  1. WOW! China Forbes was in Raleigh last night June 6th at 8 PM at the NC Museum of Art. Hope your husband got to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There,
    I too want to come back as China Forbes. I live in Ashland, Or. Pink Martini, they are wonderful. Thanks for letting me share.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

But enough about me, let's talk about you...
What do you think about me?